We have what is called an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This is an employee benefit plan which makes employees the owners of stock in that company. At Gardeners’ Guild (GGI), the ESOP is a key factor in who we are and how we operate, and is one component of an array of benefits for our associates. It is perhaps easiest to think of our ESOP as a retirement plan that builds equity.
We have the founder of the company to thank for instilling and building the bedrock values of the company that contribute to the uniqueness of our customer experience and have enabled the success of our company!
- Trust, Honesty and Commitment
- Team work. We work as a Team and treat others with courtesy and respect.
- Embrace and emphasize ongoing learning and thinking outside the box. To actively seek new solutions that respond to the needs of our customers.
- Environmental Stewardship. Long before it was trendy Gardeners’ Guild has had a commitment to water conservation, to using the least toxic products, to recycle; reuse.
- Commitment to our community.
Ownership is not always easy. Ownership is about responsibility, not entitlement. In order to accept the blessings of ownership, we must also accept the hard work, and risk, required to be successful owners.