Healthy Soil Makes Healthy Plants • Saves Water • Better for the Environment
Gardeners’ Guild has been a pioneer in sustainable practices that protect the environment. We got serious about it when responding to a drought In the late 1970s, and introduced a water conservation program. Soon after, our Integrated Pest Management (IPM) division followed. Our ecofriendly landscape maintenance program, LivingSolutions was introduced in 2008. Many of our San Francisco Bay area clients have switched from conventional to sustainable landscape maintenance because it is better for the planet and the right thing to do.
LivingSolutions* – Sustainable Landscape Maintenance Options
Soil health is the foundation.
- Soil assessment.
- Organic soil amendments that include worm castings.
- Topdressing of microbial inoculants such as compost tea.
- Reduction or elimination of pesticides and synthetic fertilizers.
- Hand or mechanical weeding.
- Water conservation through efficient irrigation such as smart/weatherbased irrigation controllers and precision nozzles.
LivingSolutions can be offered as a full menu or customized depending on your needs. Contact us for details.
*It mirrors all the guidelines of Rescape California’s program.
Results of Living Solutions
- Restores soil health. This improves plant health.
- Soil holds more water, plants are more drought tolerant.
- Saves water.
- Improves drainage.
- Resistance to plant disease and weeds.
- A more attractive landscape.
- Over time, plants need less maintenance.
- Keeps harmful chemicals and pollution out of the water supply. Contact us